Troubleshooting Windows 10 Installation 0x80240020 Error
0x80240020 is the most common error user faces while installing or updating Windows 10 Build 9926. No now no need to think more about how do I fix Windows 10 Installation Error 0x80240020 because here are 3 easy solutions are available which can be used by everyone.
Why 0x80240020 Error Occurs?
There may be several reasons behind this error code, but Windows 10 installation folder is unfinished or corrupted is the strongest reason. To fix Windows 10 installation error 0x80240020 you can use Command Prompt, cleanmgr.exe or try Registry Fix as shown below.
How to Fix Windows 10 Installation Error 0x80240020 – Solutions!
Generally, this error occurs due to unfinished as well as bad Windows 10 installation folder. So follow given below instructions to troubleshoot this error.
- In the very first step, move to the folder (C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download) and delete all files from the folder.
- In the second step, run Command Prompt as administrator
- Type (exe /updatenow) without the brackets and press enter button. That’s it
- Now go to Control Panel >> System and Security >> Windows Update and start Windows 10 downloading from the beginning.
You can also use a free in-built Microsoft “cleanmgr.exe” tool to fix Windows 10 0x80240020 Error. This tool is mainly used for Disk Cleanup (clean unnecessary system files). Follow instruction to know how to use the tool.
- In the beginning, Click on the Start button and search cleanmgr.exe
- Now you will get another window, choose a specific drive which you want to clean (for ex: C)
- The Disk Cleanup tool will start scanning and analyzing files or folders
- Choose the folder you want to clean (it will not harm you OS) and press ok
Third and the highly preferred solution is Registry Fix. It is an important file of OS which can be used for the several tasks linked to the operating system
- Type “REGEDIT” on the search box and press enter.
- Locate the Registry Key
- It should already exist in the registry file, but if it is not there then create it.
- Create a new DWOrd (32-bit) Value with Name = AllowOSUpgrade and set the Value = 0x00000001.
- Once created new value in the registry, restart your computer
- Finally, open control panel and check for updates.
Note: Before making any changes to registry files, It is highly recommended to keep a backup of this file. Know how to make backup of registry files.
Conclusion: Above discussed solutions are self experienced so it will surely work for you to fix Fix Windows 10 Installation Error 0x80240020. Still, you are facing any issue during the process or want to suggest any other method, then feel free to put a comment below. Your feedbacks are always welcome.